In today’s podcast episode we interview Gino Barbaro, Co - Founder of Jake and Gino, LLC. Gino and his partner Jake are both experts in multifamily real estate investing. Together they run an exclusive community of high level real estate investors. Today’s topics are focused on asset vs. liability, using leverage to your advantage and reasons to love the multifamily asset class which will help limited partners help find deals in the real estate markets.
The Books that Inspired Gino to Take Massive Action
Long before Gino was a multifamily investor, he was running a pizza place and what compelled him to take massive action is by reading these following books on real estate and wealth creation.
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (aka the purple bible)
- Richest Man in Babylon George Clason
- Secrets to the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
Asset Vs. Liability
Gino discussed the concept of assets versus liability which is an important concept for aspiring limited partners.
- Asset - An asset puts money in your pocket. This is what separates rich people from poor people. When Gino shared that his assets keep on paying him every single month that it allowed him to use it to pay for his children’s college tuition fees. Instead
- Liability - A liability puts money out of your pocket. Basically these are things that do not bring in cash flow in the long run. And according to Gino these are what poor people always buy.
The Concept of Leverage in Multifamily Assets
Acquiring multifamily assets does not require a lot of upfront capital. And that is in the form of leverage. For example you can have 20% equity for the downpayment and 80% of it can be borrowed from banks. That being said, you can buy a 1,000,000$ property with just 200,00$.
Reasons to Love Multifamily Asset Class
Here are the reasons why Gino simply loves the multifamily assets:
- He wants to become an expert of the multifamily asset class.
- Having a place to stay is a basic human need.
- Tax Benefits such as forced depreciation.
- Steady and consistent cash flow as an asset.
Who is Gino Barbaro?
Gino Barbaro is an investor, business owner, author and entrepreneur. He has grown his real estate portfolio to over 1400 multifamily units. He is the co-founder of Jake & Gino, a multifamily real estate education company that offers coaching and training in real estate founded upon their proprietary framework of Buy Right, Manage Right & Finance Right.
He is the best-selling author of two books, Wheelbarrow Profits and Family, Food and the Friars, and graduated from IPEC (Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching) where he earned his designation as a Certified Professional Coach. He currently resides in St. Augustine, Florida with his beautiful wife Julia and their six children.
- LinkedIn — https://www.linkedin.com/in/gino-barbaro-03973b4b/
- Website — https://jakeandgino.com/gino/
LEARN THE LIMITED PARTNER LINGO BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW!!